We offer affordable used building and remodeling materials with the goal of promoting the use of salvaged and reclaimed materials — a non-profit resource to strengthen environmental, economic and social fabric of local communities.
We accept donations of reusable building materials that are then priced at 40-90% off retail market values.
We do this to make them affordable to people of all income levels. We are a resource for information and materials. Inventory changes daily, so plan your projects, bring your measurements and get ready to be inspired!
Meet Our Team
WHY IS reuse and sustainability important?
- According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the first two "R's" of "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" are the most important.
- Environmental resources (like healthy soil and fresh water) are limited and sensitive to everything we do.
- Not only does reuse save lots of resources, but it saves lots of money.
- By making good decisions now, we will avoid limiting the choices of future generations.
- Reuse diverts waste destined for the landfills.
- The best way to eliminate waste is to not create it in the first place.
- Sustainability ensures that we will continue to have the resources and materials to protect the health of our bodies and our planet.
- Sustainability of our limited supply of resources is the sustainability of human development.
- The process of giving something a second life is fun and creative!
Learn about green building, recycling, salvage resources, sustainable alternatives, and incorporating used building materials into your next project in Oregon and abroad.
We are located at
3625 N. Mississippi Ave.
Our hours of operation are
Mon - Sat 10am - 6pm
Sun 10am - 5pm
Stay in Touch
Keep up-to-date with the ReBuilding Center's news and events plus a bi-weekly "Today's Finds" email highlighting some of our favorite discoveries from the store.
Request a Tour of the ReBuilding Center
Please use the form below to request a free tour of the ReBuilding Center, located on North Mississippi Avenue, led by one of our team members. Tours can be tailored to meet the interests and needs of your group and usually take about 30 minutes.
Tour groups will have an opportunity to learn about the ReBuilding Center's history and nonprofit mission, the DeConstruction Services we provide, our efforts to build sustainability and equity through reuse, and our related community and education programs. You'll also see first-hand how we manage a 52,500-square-foot store that moves 6-8 tons of salvaged building materials per day. Thanks for your interest in visiting and learning more about RBC!