Learn all about the curviest saws in the shop! (And who doesn't love curves?) Bandsaws and scrollsaws can produce shapes from simple outlines to complex puzzle pieces. These tools are great for both hobbyists and professionals, and can cut a range of materials that include wood, plastic, and soft metals.
A simple project provided at the start of this class will give you lots of hands-on practice, along with plenty of demonstration and Q&A to build on what you've learned.
Skill level: For beginners and beyond.
* basic tool maintenance and safety
* blades for different uses, and how to install them
* cutting outside shapes vs inside shapes (positive space vs negative space)
* LOTS of hands-on to get comfortable using the tools
* alternatives - coping saws and jigsaws: pros & cons