* Women's classes are a safe and supportive learning environment specifically for women to develop carpentry skills.
Build fundamental skills and know-how for your dream project - shed, tiny house, or maybe a woodshop of your own! Learn how to measure, lay out, and assemble wall framing through a mix of lecture, discussion, and hands-on practice. We'll also discuss how to tie your new skills in to other stages of construction, both before and after wall framing.
Skill level: This class is built for beginners; open to ages 16+ (minors will need a signed youth waiver.)
Students will learn how to:
* use essential hand tools and power tools for wall framing
* interpret project drawings and plans, including terminology
* frame for window and door openings
* check for plumb, square, and level